- 1 tb Butter of safflower oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced or put through a press
- 1/2 ts Paprika
- 2 lb Broccoli florets
- 1 Potato, peeled and diced
- 3 c Water or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tb Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 c Milk (more to taste)
- 3/4 c Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Set aside 6 broccoli florets and steam just until bright green. Refresh under cold water and hold.
Heat butter or oil in a heavy-bottom soup pot and saute onion and garlic until onion is tender. Add paprika, stir together, then add
broccoli, potato, water and salt to taste.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered. Puree through a food mill or in a blender and return to pot. Stir in
milk and parsley, add lots of freshly gourng pepper, heat through and adjust salt. Thin out, if you like, with more milk.
Serve, topping each bowl with freshly grated Parmesan and broccoli florets. This can be frozen.